Sunday, January 25, 2009

Exciting month

It's been awhile! I've been a little anti-computer this year...funny to say that but definitely true the past 3 weeks!

We are super excited that the Steelers are in the Super Bowl but it's kind of bittersweet because we're in the midst of Cardinal-mania. We feel like we're in the enemy's camp and let's face it, the Cardinals aren't jerks so you don't really want to throw it in their faces that you think your team is better and you pray that you kick their tails! The new church that we've attending for a couple months has about 2,000 people and the pastor saw one of our shirts last week and said the church would be majorly split if it turns out to be Cardinals vs. Steelers. Sure enough, it is!

Walt is in Baltimore for two weeks and I am going to visit him Thurs-Sun of this week. I can't wait! He has been to Baltimore a few times since 2004 and this is the first time it worked out that I can go too. He will be there for the Super Bowl and plans to attend the group's party for the first half and then go to his hotel room to pace in peace for the second half! The first items he put into his suitcase were his Terrible Towel and #7 Jersey!

I told Walt that the Steelers can beat the Ravens 3 times in the same season which of course means that they'll be in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, I accidentally scheduled my flight back a little late on Sunday so I will miss it. Totally forgot about that possibility! Thank goodness for DVR...especially for the commercials.

Walt figured out the exact date he became a Steelers fan: 10/8/1978! 30 years! WOW!

I wish I could visit him longer but Grissom prevents me from going for too long! That's okay! It's nice to be needed!

Also, in exciting news, I was offered a position at the VA and started on Tuesday. I will be talking to veterans on the phone about their benefits. This was part of my job as a temp in Dallas so there will be some familiarity but this time I will have most of the answers! YAY!

I enjoyed my 8 months staying home but we have some financial goals we'd like to meet this year and this opportunity was too good to pass up!

We hope to come to Omaha soon but the new job means waiting for vacation to accrue so our
hope is December!

That's it for now! I will try to update more often!

No comments: