Sunday, June 14, 2009

Is it really mid-June already?

I can't believe fast time is flying. People say when you have kids, time goes even faster but I truly believe it's as we get older, time goes even faster. A week used to be torturous when we were kids waiting for Christmas but now I find myself a week before a vacation happy I have a week to get a few things done and that week flies by so fast. So why the ramble about time? Because it is something we have been struggling with for the last 5 months since I started working again.

I know so much of my communication with friends has slid to the back burner and I want to apologize for that! Many of my favorite friends are those who read this blog! There are still lots of things around our house that are settled. I finally got the knobs installed on the kitchen cabinets this weekend. (I ordered them over Thanksgiving- yikes!) Still working on some other decorating and hanging up! I feel bad because I've been so exhausted and not motivated to do anything when I come home from work. (It's not what you think or hope!) We work 9:30am-6pm so we have an hour to workout in the morning and thankfully, even if nothing else gets done around the house besides basic cleaning, we have been eating healthy and exercising so that is a praise.

While we've been living a much healthier lifestyle, I've been feeling crummy over the last two months. I had a cold (like everyone in my office) but it would not go away. Walt got sick too and finally we went to the doctor and she thought we were passing something back and forth for weeks so we went on an antibiotic (which I can't stand!) which helped Walt immensely and he has been up and going ever since. The antibiotic didn't work for me and after further evaluation, the cough that wouldn't go away was actually determined to be asthma!!! UGH! I am feeling better after a little over a week on a couple different inhalers. In other news, in 3 weeks, I'm having some exploratory surgery for some other issues. Lots of fun!

We have had a great time the last several weeks. We enjoyed my birthday, then a week later, we went to Coronado Island and have a fabulous mini-vacation over Memorial Day weekend. Two weeks later, we went to the Family Life Weekend to Remember here in Phoenix and stayed at the resort hosting it. It had been over six years since we went the first time while we were engaged. We had a very relaxing weekend and took a couple days off around it to not feel so rushed.

Things are going to be changing for us in the next couple months and that will be exciting. We'll keep you posted as they develop!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Good to hear from you girl!! Glad you all are doing well. Kudos on the working out and healthy eating.
Can't wait to hear about more exciting things!

Unknown said...

Colds are no fun at all. Hope all goes well with your surgery and that you're having a good summer:)