Last week was my first week home and I felt like a kid in a candy store. I had so many things I wanted to do now that I finally had time! I wore myself out working in overdrive but it was also because we were getting ready to go on a mini-vacation too! I'm proud to say that I am posting about our vacation within one day of returning!
We had a great time in Vegas! We got in on Friday afternoon and it was good to see our friend (and best man in our wedding), Jim, and celebrate his 40th birthday. We stayed at The Signature at MGM Grand which is a luxury set of extended stay suites that is right behind the MGM Grand. It is a non-smoking and non-gaming hotel which was really nice! At the last minute, we decided to come a day earlier so we crashed on Jim's sofa bed for one night and then checked into our suite the next day. We had arranged to be in the same tower (there are three) and were delighted to be assigned to his floor and across the hall from his suite! It was perfect!
Since we all had been to Vegas before, our goals were less about seeing the sights and more about relaxing, trying new restaurants, and seeing The Lion King.

Friday night, we ate at Off The Strip – Just Real Food because it was the #1 restaurant on TripAdvisor.com. It was okay. Great service but very limited menu selection. Nothing unique about the food either. We had to give it a shot though!
Saturday, we hit the workout room to try to makeup for the damage we were about to do that day: the Bellagio Brunch Buffet! It was delicious! Seriously, the best quality breakfast buffet ever! This was Walt and my second time there and both times have been great! If I didn’t like something, it was because of an ingredient, not the quality! We then had to go by the Bellagio Botanical Gardens and the chocolate shoppe tucked in the back! (We missed staying at the Bellagio this time!)
We then went to the pool and relaxed. That night, we went to Emeril’s Fish House and while it was a good meal, it wasn’t as impressive as we had hoped.
Sunday morning we were slow moving and we went to Hash House A Go Go for brunch and it was SO GOOD! The portions were beyond HUGE but they were presented so unique. Their slogan is “Twisted Farm Food” and it’s very appropriate. It’s all your comfort foods with a twist!

Sunday afternoon, we had a brief visit to the pool and then it was time to get ready for our night out. We went to The Lion King and it was very entertaining! It was very true to the movie and we all enjoyed it!



After The Lion King, we went to the RumJungle for dinner. I had been 5 years prior and it was fun to go back. Walt and Jim ordered the Fire Pit experience that was several rounds of tantalizing sides and meats brought to your table and carved in front of you to sample. I opted for chicken and pineapple skewers because I had my eye on something else to indulge in: Smores Banana Split! It was divine!
(Caramel, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream with caramelized bananas on the sideand a cup of melted chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces)






5 comments:
Okay - I just have to say that you & Walt look AMAZING!!!! :) What's your secret, the weight looks like it's just melted off of you two and looks incredible to say the least! :) So fun to hear you're home now - I'd LOVE to see pics of your new place sometime! ;) Looks like you guys & Jim had a blast in Vegas! :)
I agree with Michelle you two look great! Who you have been so faithfull to your diet and work out. Oh I wish I hadn't fallen off.
Looks like you both had a great time in Vegs. Glad to hear your back at home and not working. I will give you a call soon.
Keep up the good work!
Well what a lovely and fun trip!!
and you guys look GREAT!! Your hard work is paying off..big time. Keep it up!! And thanks for the inspiration!!
Glad you had a great getaway!!
I also agree that you two look great! It sounds like it was a very fun trip!
Traci
You guys are looking good!!! Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment