
Most of you that read my blog have seen this rainbow photo I posted on Facebook.
It was the most incredible rainbow I have ever seen. The Lord has been kind enough to allow me to view rainbows in picturesque settings near mountains and on the Hawaiian islands but no rainbow took my breath away like this one. It's timing left me speechless and filled with tears of joy.
I'd been feeling downtrodden about a handful of prayer requests that have been stamped with WAIT or NO. (I can relate to Natalie Grant's song, "I Will Not be Moved" where she sings, "And though sometimes my prayers feel like they're bouncing off the sky...") Wednesday night, I expressed my frustration to the Lord and asked that He would just make Himself real to me. I wasn't asking for any answers to prayers, just that I could feel Him here with me.
Thursday came and nearly went. By then, I wasn't thinking much about my request. As the sun was starting to set and we were getting ready to leave for an evening out, I started shutting the windows and blinds on our second story. As I walked over to one window on the eastside, I could see over the top of my neighbor's house, this massive rainbow glowing in the setting sunlight. I was taken back with how huge it was and how VERYCLOSE it was to me. Being on the second floor, it felt as if I could almost touch it. I was speechless and being the growing photography enthusiast, I snatched my little point & shoot and scurried outside.
My point & shoot doesn't do it justice and when I ran outside, I heard kids down the street exclaiming, "woah...look at that rainbow!" I tried to snap photos from the second story but they weren't as good as the outside ones. It wasn't until after I went back in, showed Walt (he was on the treadmill getting a workout before we left), and then went upstairs to keep admiring the view, that it dawned on me that this was a rainbow...just like the Lord placed a rainbow in the sky as a reminder of the covenant He made with Noah. (Genesis 9:11-17)
It was amazing that it was over my neighbor's house on the side where I have windows open and not over my house where I wouldn't be able to see it or over my other neighbor's house where I don't open up the windows.
A handful of Surprise friends had commented and/or posted pics of the rainbow on Facebook...all were photos of just one end of the beautiful rainbow but mine had the arch. Thank you, Lord, for giving me the rainbow last night...that You are here with me even in the uncomfortable quiet times.
“Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.” (Josh. 1:5b)
"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
2 comments:
Sarah - thanks for this awesome reminder of the times the Lord is always with us - yet chooses to show us when we sometimes need it most! Praying for you dear friend, whatever it is you're "waiting on"! Also on a different note, what are you saving for on Swagbucks, I saw you have a TON of them! :) WELL DONE!: ) How long have you been a part of swagbucks?
this was wonderful! thank you for sharing this with us!
Post a Comment