Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Testing 1...2...3...

Two weeks ago, I got a camera as a good combo gift! It was my Valentine's Day, Anniversary, Birthday, "Yay, you made your WW goal", generous birthday and anniversary giftcards from my mom, around $200 in amazon/paypal giftcards from swagbucks, as well as rebates and cash back rewards! Walt also offered to have the amount we budgeted for his anniversary gift contributed too...what a sweetheart! I didn't want him to go empty-handed so I found him a fabulous over-sized mug in his favorite color (orange) and an updated picture of us in a nice frame for his office! (Scored both with great sales and a 30% off coupon at Kohls for only $6 total!)

I've been checking out books and DVDs from the library and doing research online to see what type of camera to get, what accessories, and how to make the most of what you buy...trying to soak up the information like a sponge as well as comparing notes back and forth with my friend, Michelle, who ordered the same camera on the same day. I still have a lot to learn but am enjoying the process overall. Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed, I remember Walt's advice to just learn one new thing each day. I can't wait to play with my photos in Photoshop Elements but wanted to post a few now. Many of you know I took a last-minute trip to Omaha for 10 days to help my mom out so nearly all of my test subjects are cats and flowers...all but one!

My mom and grandparent's kitties.


My mom loves this one...her cat is the one in focus. :)


Contemplating life...


Dirty look for catching above contemplation!


Cat #1 on back deck


Cat #2 on back deck


The last of my Omaha feline models! LOL! (My mom loves Siamese cats and her cats try (and have succeeded) to take this toy on her desk.)


Tulips in the front yard.


One lone tulip by a purple flower bush...with all the rain, he was quickly gone so I was grateful to snap a few pics of him.


Our favorite kitty was glad I was home!


On the stairs being silly.


My Welcome Home/Happy Anniversary white rose...the theme from our wedding.


Now for my first human model...the adorable Jacob! Proud parents are friends of ours from church, James and Kristie. Jacob is turning six months old this week! I took so many pictures of him yesterday that I could post one a day for a year! Here are a couple for now. (My computer is a bit slow uploading now so I'll try to post a few more later this week.)

So proud of his two front teeth!


I dare you to try not to smile or say awww while looking at this shot!

Couldn't do it? Neither could I!

1 comment:

Tales of MEEE said...

These are great pics, Sarah! :) Well done and hope you're having a BLAST w/the camera in Hawaii! :)