
I love making New Year's resolutions. I can't help myself. There is something irresistible to me about a fresh new year and aspirations as to what great things will happen this year.
I'm not going to list my resolutions here but I am taking a moment to contemplate to myself. Yesterday, I sat here thinking, I've already broken a resolution and its only day four. But today I sit here and disagree with myself.
Missing one day of a resolution does not mean you have broke it. You resolve to make a habit to do this or that every day/week/month. It doesn't mean you will be 100% perfect. It doesn't mean that since its broke that you should go ahead and give up. When you fail to do something, forgive YOURSELF and keep going. If you didn't drink all the water you vowed to drink or didn't read your Bible yesterday, forgive yourself and strive to do what it takes to make it happen today!
Resolve to make it a daily habit by the end of the year, not beat yourself up every time you don't do it!
Perhaps the only New Year's resolution we need to keep every single day is DON'T GIVE UP!
Thanks for letting me vent!
2008 will be great!
-Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment