Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time Change

Sorry it's been awhile! No news is good news. We've just been busy doing various stuff and enjoying our free time. The only thing that is frustrating is the time change for us. Our bodies are used to moving 2 hours back but our family and friends are still 2-3 hours ahead of us! I keep mostly to email and Facebook as I find myself wanting to pick up the phone at inopportune times! After Ive done everything for the day and dinner is done and cleaned up, I settle down at 8pm and presto, it's 10p or 11p where everyone else lives!! UGH! Or I call while Walt's on his way home and it's someone's dinner hour! Or someone calls during our dinner! It's amazing how hard it is and I shouldn't complain...it's just an adjustment, right?

At least when the time changes in 4 weeks, it will be better. Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings so we stay the same time year-round. We just have to be mindful of everyone else. We are technically Mountain time zone but since we don't fall back/spring ahead like the Mountain time zone, we are in Pacific time 8 months of the year (now) and Mountain time 4 months of the year. So that will make us feel a little better when we are only one hour behind Central!

If you forget how many hours we are behind you, just go with 2 hours and you'll be safe. We've gotten calls at 6:15am from the Central time zone! "Oops" is a common response to my groggy raspy "Hello?"

No comments: