Monday, September 29, 2008

Box Office Estimates

I forgot to post this last night.

The weekend's box office estimates are posted and Fireproof is #4 with $6.5 million with 839 theaters!! YAY! This is fabulous! To put it in perspective how well it did, Nights in Rodanthe (a Nicholas Sparks book) was in 3.5 times the amount of theaters but only made double that amount! ($13.5 million) Also, Facing the Giants made $10 million cumulatively so this is great for Fireproof!

This great opening weekend should keep the movie in theaters a little longer to spread the message!!!

My plan to go on Friday got sidelined but I was thankful I saw it on 9/3! Share your thoughts about the movie if you have seen it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to next week. I wanted to go this weekend, but I lost track of time and didn't make it. :( I let you know what I thought after I see it!