This weekend, our apartment complex's wi-fi went out and so I felt like I lost my right hand. I use recipes online (especially with my cookbooks in storage), read blogs to find great deals on my grocery shopping, keep up with friends on their blogs, MySpace, Facebook, and email as well as our blog. Plus I love to shop online (within our budget), write companies online and tell them if I like or don't like their product and why, read devotions online, research, etc. There were a couple unreliable connections in the area but so slow and spotty that you couldn't do much. On top of that, Walt left early Sunday morning for D.C. for a week so after church, I was looking around and thinking what now?? So I took that time and really tried to use it productively! I had the best workout in a long time both cardio and strength training. After that, I sat down and watched a couple things I had DVR'd and just relaxed. Today, I am back on the internet but plan to read and do some other non-addictive things!
Backing up to Saturday when the internet connection went out, it was wonderful to see God's provision in the little things. Walt hadn't looked up the directions to The Parking Spot here in Phoenix yet. In Dallas, we had it memorized. Well, on Friday night, we got THREE huge phone books at our doorstep and I chuckled thinking those are a waste of space because I have the internet. I brought them inside so no one would think we're out of town and I just put them right by the door...no plans for them...let them sit there for awhile. When the internet wasn't going to be my answer for directions, the idea popped in my head to use the phone books, enter the address into my GPS and write them down for Walt! I stopped and thought, "Wow, God, you provide so much for us. We have been here over three weeks and how amazing is it that you planned for these phone books to arrive the day before we lost internet use?" It worked great and he got there safe and sound. (He had the phone number too for backup.)
So the house pics and details are coming soon and now you know why I haven't put them up like I thought I would!
Restored
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment