Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mirages and an oasis

In an attempt to keep our mind off of waiting for our relocation packet to be approved, I realized I haven't mentioned it in a month and have gotten a few emails wondering if we've moved yet!

We are still here! We got to spend 4th of July with our BF/SS class! YAY!

We are still waiting. The new relocation deal has been approved and now they have to go through the list of people who were approved for a promotion from 3/23-6/23. Unfortunately, Walt is one of those in this three month period. Normally, once you are officially approved for a promotion, it is lightening quick and in LESS than a week, you have your packing and moving dates all set up! It will be 9 weeks tomorrow since Walt was officially approved for promotion to AZ. (15 weeks since he was told he was selected but had to wait for official approval.)

We are patient (in more areas of our life than one) but we ask that you pray for us while we wait and that we can see the amazingness of having to wait so long. There are a couple areas of our lives that are on hold right now because we can't move and the stress of not having even a moving date is not helping.

After so long, you begin to wonder is this really is going to happen?? Walt is assured every week that he is coming to AZ or the new boss will come and get him! (ha ha!)

To make it seem a little more real, Walt suggested we go to AZ this weekend so we are taking a little road trip! We'll spend the first part of the weekend looking at some apartments and open houses just to get us excited and check out a few areas. Then early Sunday afternoon, we are checking into a resort in Scottsdale with gorgeous mountain views and relaxing for two days...just sunshine and rest. He proposed this as a combo exploratory trip/belated anniversary trip! Walt wants to stop by his new office one day while I'm at the pool. The icing on top is that the weather this weekend will be about 15 degrees cooler than it has been the last couple weeks! Perfect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to email you and ask if you had moved!! Then I thought I would check out your blog instead! Keep us posted!! Have a nice trip.

Traci

About Nancy said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Arizona sounds so beautiful. I hope your hunt for a home was successful.
Blessings,
Nancy