Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ed was here!

Right on the heels of some Nebraska love with Traci's visit, we were excited to find out that our friend, Ed, was going to be in the Phoenix area on business! We met up with him on Thursday night for some Mexican. It was also a wonderful night because it was Ed's 40th birthday! (Ed is Helen's husband if you're trying to place the association...Helen and Ed came with Jim and visited us in Texas back in May.) It was great to have dinner and a little time afterward in his hotel suite to visit!

Here are some pics. We went to Abuelo's which we had in Dallas. I love the decor inside. It's decorated and lit like an outdoor cafe in the daytime even at night. As you can see, Ed is a great sport with pics as Helen is quite the stalker, I mean photographer! Walt and I told Ed that we were sad for him that he couldn't spend his 40th with his wife so to make it seem more like Helen was there, I brought my camera and would take several pictures during dinner. That got a laugh and a witty comeback that I'd have to pick food off his plate to really make it feel like Helen was here! We played some jokes on Helen with the photos which she loved.


The Birthday Boy!


Outside

Inside of Abuelo's

No comments: