Last weekend, our friend Traci, from Nebraska, came to visit. We had a lot of fun in Scottsdale and then the next day, Walt took the day off and the three of us went to the Grand Canyon and drove through Sedona on the way up and Flagstaff on the way down. When we had dinner down at a great Mexican restaurant in Flagstaff, the waiter bid us farewell with "have a safe drive down the hill." I was the driver that day and thought
what? We had not come up the main interstate that connects Flagstaff and Phoenix. We took some side highways and gentle climbs up the mountains to pass through Sedona. I figured I-17 would be smoother and more level. I was wrong! It didn't help that it was at night but I got so scared driving down "the hill" that after an hour and a half (I think), I exited and had Walt drive the rest of the way! We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. It was fun!
Here are some pics from the weekend:
Grand Canyon (earlier in the day)

Grand Canyon (later in the day)

Traci hugging a cactus!
No comments:
Post a Comment