Monday, November 24, 2008

If Christmas could be Thanksgiving...

I'm itching to change my blog layout to a Christmas theme but I vowed to not do it until Friday. I love Christmas and all the decorating that goes with it but I think by doing that, I'm blowing past Thanksgiving, a holiday that of all holidays shouldn't be blown off. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's about being around family and loved ones and good food that you splurge on once per year. It's about reflecting on what's going good in your life even when you can count several things that aren't. Thanksgiving isn't about lots and lots of presents and wondering who to give a present to or rather, who you feel obligated to give a present to.

I love the Christmas decorating, lights, baking, and music...just not the commercialism of trying to keep up with the Jones. So to stay true to honoring Thanksgiving, I'm waiting until Friday to spring Christmas on my life! :)

Friday, Walt and I are doing our tradition of putting up the Christmas tree and decorations while drinking hot chocolate. He's a good sport and always asks if we can play Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" because he knows it's my favorite fun song at Christmas! All this will be worked around watching the Husker game, of course! (1:30pm our time)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Seriously.....I am changing my blog to Christmas theme on Friday too for the EXACT same reason! HA! Great minds think alike! :)

The Liberto Family said...

I have that same CD and I love that song! Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You!

Thanksgiving is a good time to look back and think of all the things we are thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tales of MEE said...

Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving! What are your plans this holiday?

Amy E. said...

I hope you and Walt have a wonderful Thanksgiving and tree trimming!

Let me say that I am thankful for you and Walt. Having you as friends is a blessing.

Enjoy these 2 holidays in your new house!! How fun!!