Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grissom!

Grissom is 3 today! We can hardly believe it. We first saw him when he was a week old and looked like a little rat. Walt wasn't impressed but by 3-4 weeks old when Grissom started running around and playing, Walt was hooked.

I didn't want a pet. I was quite happy with our non-pet lifestyle especially with our love of travel and traveling to visit both sides of our family. Plus I was confident that we'd have kids soon and that would be more than enough to keep us busy! Well, we went ahead and got Grissom from our friends, Larry and Cindy. I didn't know how it would work out because I have cat allergies so I told them we'd try it for a month. Amazingly, I had no allergic reaction to Grissom and we both fell in love with him. We'll never forget the night we got him. Grissom was just under 8 weeks old with a stocky little body and stubby legs. Walt opened up a pint of Blue Bell ice cream and Grissom crawled onto his lap, stood up and put his paw on the side of the pint as if to say, "can I have some?" So precious!

While I know most people could care less about their pet's birthday especially since they are busy with kids but when you can't have kids, a sweet furry friend that wants to snuggle with you sure helps! When I've had a bad day, Grissom tries to comfort me and he never ceases to make us laugh every day. He's always plotting something. We believe and have been told by friends and family that Grissom must thinks he's a human. It's hilarious to watch his reactions. He's our little buddy and we're very thankful for him.

Thank you Lord for this little guy. While we can't have children to take care of, we find joy and comfort in taking care of him.

1 comment:

The Liberto Family said...

Happy late Birthday Grissom! I wish I could have meet you before your mom and dad moved you to another state! You look like a sweet cat.