Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ten Days of Christmas #8

Christmas food!

This is the last caloric topic, I promise! What dish do you look forward to on Christmas Day? (or Christmas Eve if your family does a bigger celebration then) It could be a side or the main event.

Our family has done it differently over the years but normally, we have a dinner on Christmas Eve, go to church, and then Christmas morning, we have a big early brunch on Christmas morning and open presents. Then we'll have dinner later on but Christmas dwindles down after brunch and presents. With that being said, I love our family's breakfast strata. It has bread, eggs, cheese, ham, and a little seasoning. YUMMY! I miss that when I'm not in Omaha for Christmas.

As far as dinner dishes, I don't have one that I think about before Christmas day...just the strata!!

Check back tomorrow!

(Amy, I have decorations coming up and post pics then! :) I've been lazy about taking pics!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

our family tradition is to have breakfast casserole christmas morning. It's made of eggs, sausage, cheese, milk, and bread. It's so yummy:)

Amy E. said...

Yeah pictures soon!! Woo Hoo!!

My favorite Christmas food is sausage balls for breakfast. Have them every year!! Oh and a new favorite (since being married) is my FIL's Cheese Grits..OOOHHH MY are they fabulous!! And calorie free also!

Anonymous said...

I like to play games with my sister and her family....like Pictionary or Cranium. My sister and I get all silly and laugh so hard at some point that we cry.