As I was copying and pasting the below song to share, I thought of a good #6 that is a two parter. (I was going to take some pics last night but got sidelined...more details on that later)
1) Have you ever skipped a holiday tradition and gone on vacation during Christmas or Thanksgiving?
We have never done this but we have had times where we've stayed home alone on Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's ironic because it's nice to look forward to relaxing and taking it easy during all the rush but then when it comes and it's quiet (& relaxing), it feels weird!
2) What is your definition of a White Christmas? A) Snow on the ground or B) Snowing on Christmas.
Walt and I have had many discussions about this! I'll reveal my definition in a few days.
*****************************
Since we are staying in Phoenix for Christmas, I'll leave you with this little diddy.
(To the tune of the "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" song)
Palm trees wave, are you listenin'?
In the pool, water's glistenin'...
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight
Livin' in a Phoenix Wonderland!
Gone away is the blizzard,
Here to stay is the lizard,
A warm sunny day, we like it that way,
Livin' in a Phoenix Wonderland!
In the desert we will have a picnic,
Cactus, sand and rattlesnakes and sun...
Christmas dinner is an old tradition,
It's pinto beans and tacos by the ton.
Later on we'll perspire,
Temperatures rise even higher...
A warm sunny day, we like it that way,
Livin' in a Phoenix Wonderland!
Restored
8 years ago
2 comments:
Very cute post!! Love the song..and yes I sang it! Ha!!
No we haven't skipped traditional Christmas for a trip..but we have talked about it..one day..one day!!
Merry Christmas..Love you guys..Miss ya!!
WooHoo, a 2 parter! When I was 12, our family went to Disney World in Florida for Thanksgiving. I have to say, having your Thanksgiving meal at a restaurant was a disappointment for me. It was just weird, even though our family was together. I would rather be at home with my family, although it was a nice vacation at the time!
My definition of a white Christmas is snow on Christmas Day.
Post a Comment