Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ten Days of Christmas #9

Christmas beverages!

What is your favorite beverage at Christmas? (or wintertime) It seems like I'm in a minority but I LOVE eggnog! I don't know how I got addicted to it...well, maybe because my mom loves it too and we had it every year growing up. I also love peppermint hot chocolate. YUM! Walt doesn't like either so I make him hot chocolate and then add some peppermint extract to mine.

For a drink that's easier on my waistline, I have recently started enjoying Celestial Seasonings Peppermint herbal tea. The other flavors from Celestial Seasonings have always tasted too much like tea but this is just pure peppermint leaves so it's a light peppermint taste. What makes them even better is I got them for free at our Kroger-affilliate! (They were on sale for $1 and I had coupons that doubled up to $1 off!)

Check back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

I do believe I want to come have peppermint tea and cookies with YOU!!
Funny you mention the tea..I just bought the same stuff today!! Got a stuffy head and wanted something hot..and it hit the spot!

My favorite cookie..those danish wedding cookies ..or the snowballs...you know they have powdered sugar and pecans!! DEEEELISH!!
Hey..when ya gonna post pics of the house in it's Christmas merriment!?

Anonymous said...

Simple hot chocolate for me!