Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Riggin' up the Lights!

Our 4-day weekend was good. Thanksgiving was good over at Walt's boss' family's house. After dinner, we went to the Phoenix Zoo's Zoolights. It was really pretty and great weather for walking around for about an hour. Then we got a huge downpour! A little surprise in the desert! The rainy weather for a couple days made Thanksgiving feel more fall/wintery so that was nice.

The day after Thanksgiving, Walt caught a cold and we were slow going this weekend. We relaxed and didn't get everything up and decorated. I was so hopeful that I wouldn't catch his cold but no such luck. I'm still struggling a bit but hope to better by tomorrow!

Last year, I hit the jackpot on outdoor decorations after Christmas so everyday, I've been putting something up. Sunday, some big snowflakes on a string on our railing across our porch. Mondays, a string of penguins on stakes. Today, hopefully these little white swirly Christmas trees. We've been putting off the actual lights...not as much fun to hang! We have our Christmas tree up and lit at night in the front of the house so that accents the outside stuff. I love Christmas stuff and our street is really getting into it. Every night an additional house is decorated!

No comments: